Accounts/Sales Administrator – Midlands– 3 month contract
This is a central and very important role in the company, reporting to the Financial Controller
The role will be very customer focused and the person will need to be experienced in dealing with customer queries and administration.
The successful candidate will own the sales administration process from initial receipt of order through to customer payment and dispatch
Experience in a transport and logistics environment would be advantageous. Knowledge of SAGE is vital.
- To provide management and the sales team with back room services for all the invoicing and credit control functions
- To process all sales orders on Sage
- To follow up and obtain all sales orders which have been delivered and are ready for invoicing
- To check and confirm all prices, discounts, delivery addresses and billing addresses as well as enter correct nominal codes and rep information
- Organise transport and logistics for all sales leaving the company
- All invoices finally have to be posted in the Sage system to appear on the customer accounts
- Statements have to be run at the end of every month. Ensure statements are accurate before released
- Aged debtor lists are printed on a weekly basis, as well as on demand to keep the sales team informed of what cash has been sent in and what needs to be collected. A summarised short list is also prepared to highlight the overdue items as well as the amounts that are about to fall due.
- Customer queries and copy invoices are dealt with on a daily basis and are tackled immediately upon request. These queries can be from the customer as well as the sales team
- Reconciliation of customer accounts with sales team and customers
- In general, ensuring that the sales administration processes run smoothly
- Assist with other adhoc finance, sales and stock responsibilities
The successful candidate will have
- A minimum of 5 years Accounts Assistant or Financial Administrator experience
- Experience in a busy office environment
- Experience in a transport/logistics environment would be beneficial
- SAGE experience is essential
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Attention to detail is a necessity for this role
- Strong organisational skills in respect to office administration, etc.
- Self-starter and self-motivated – the person may be working on their own from time to time
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Ciara
All application dealt within the strictest confidence and your CV will not be released without your prior approval.