Accounts/Sales Administrator – Portlaoise – Full Time – Permanent
This is a central and very important role in the company, working with an existing Accounts Assistant and reporting to the Financial Controller and the Directors.
The role will be very customer focused and the person will need to be experienced in dealing with customer queries and administration.
The successful candidate will own the sales administration process from initial receipt of order through to customer payment and dispatch.
Experience in a transport and logistics environment would be advantageous. Knowledge of SAGE is vital.
Sales Administration :
- To provide management and the sales team with back room services for all the invoicing and credit control functions.
- To process all sales orders on Sage.
- To follow up and obtain all sales orders which have been delivered and are ready for invoicing.
- To check and confirm all prices, discounts, delivery addresses and billing addresses as well as enter correct nominal codes and rep information.
- Organise transport and logistics for all sales leaving the company.
- All invoices finally have to be posted in the Sage system to appear on the customer accounts.
- Statements have to be run at the end of every month. Each statement has to be reviewed to ensure correct up to date information in on the statement before it is posted out to the customer.
- Aged debtor lists are printed on a weekly basis, as well as on demand to keep the sales team informed of what cash has been sent in and what needs to be collected. A summarised short list is also prepared to highlight the overdue items as well as the amounts that are about to fall due.
- Customer queries and copy invoices are dealt with on a daily basis and are tackled immediately upon request. These queries can be from the customer as well as the sales team.
- Reconciliation of customer accounts with sales team and customers.
- In general, ensuring that the sales administration processes run smoothly.
The company wish to implement a new stock management process that is linked or recorded on Sage. We would like this role to assist management in the design and implementation of this new system.
Once the new stock system is operational, this role will include the following:
- Maintaining the accuracy of the stock system ensuring all costs and prices are accurate, stock movements are accurate, etc.
- Prepare regular stock and margin reports
- Carry out regular physical stack counts to verify the accuracy of the sage stock system.
The successful candidate will have
- A minimum of 5 years Accounts Assistant or Financial Administrator experience
- Several years’ experience in a busy office environment
- Experience in a transport/logistics environment would be beneficial
- Ideally specific experience with the accounting package SAGE.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Proficient computer literacy in Excel, Word, and e-mail.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Very effective organisational skills.
- Effective written communications skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Strong organisational skills in respect to office administration, etc.
- Self-starter and self-motivated – the person may be working on their own from time to time
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Alan on or via e-mail through the link provided.
Please e-mail your CV with the Vacancy reference AG- 18927 number in the title of the mail.
All application dealt within the strictest confidence and your CV will not be released without your prior approval.