Assistant Operations Manager
Dunboyne, County Meath
Optimize Recruitment are partnering with a leading manufacturer to recruit an Assistant Operations Manager on a permanent basis due to company growth. This individual will join the distribution side of the business and report directly to the Operations Manager.
Competitive salary on offer for the right candidate.
- Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to at all times, including wearing PPE as appropriate. Acquire knowledge of Health & Safety procedures, work instructions, and associated documentation. Comply with all H&S Policies and instructions and actively contribute to Company efforts to promote safe behavior and safe systems of work.
- Work in conjunction with the Operations Manager, Planning, Customer Service, and other relevant personnel on the current and upcoming schedule requirements to ensure shipping targets are met.
- Monitor scheduling of orders to ensure output meets scheduled ship dates and communicate unexpected delays to Customer Services.
- Respond and manage any problems which arise which may interfere with shipping schedules and liaise with relevant personnel to resolve.
- Identify, develop, and implement plans for efficient management of Warehouse Department cost reductions within warehouse, waste reduction and operational improvements.
- Assist in the resolution of issues raised through Quality Notifications, Internal or External Audits, and Customer Complaints.
- Manage Warehouse racking, complete physical inventories on a continuous count cycle.
- Coordination of shipping schedule for both incoming to both internal & external locations and outgoing.
- Ensure all transactions in relation to RTV, Scrap and OSMI are completed in a timely & accurate manner in conjunction with Quality Dept. Authorized documentation and procedures to be followed.
- Carry out monthly rack inspections and provide feedback to Team and report to H&S Manager any issues.
- Responsible for all FLT’s and associated lifting equipment throughout WH ensuring they meet the necessary H&S requirements to perform safe lifting operations within warehouse and manufacturing.
- Assist in ensuring all team members are managed in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures. Plan, schedule and direct the work efforts of the team.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Satisfactory secondary level education.
- Five years shipping/receiving, quality and safety knowledge and experience.
- Strong management skills (leadership, communication, problem solving, planning, employee development and decision making).
- Awareness of production floor/manufacturing environment expectations.
- Forklift, Counterbalance and Reach license required.
- Must be an excellent communicator.
For more information and to discuss similar opportunities, please contact Lee Doheny in the strictest of confidence on 0858072559 / email@example.com
Please note your CV will never be released without your expressed permission.
JOB REF: LD-22656