BIM Engineer (Dublin)
Leading engineering firm based in South Dublin has an opportunity for an experienced BIM Engineer to join their team.
Reporting to the BIM Lead, the successful BIM engineer will have responsibility for delivering all 3D and 2D co-ordination milestones on each project.
The role of the BIM engineer is project specific and all engineers to be based on site within a BIM environment when requested.
The successful BIM Engineer will have the following:
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or trades background coupled with a BIM qualification
- 4+ years’ experience within a BIM Co-ordination function
- Mechanical or Electrical background and have a proven track record in a similar role
- Ability to work under pressure and to short deadlines
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
Duties / responsibilities of the role will include:
- Supporting the project team with regard to all co-ordination deliverables
- Detailing of 3D elements needed for design and co-ordination
- Production of 3D model files through Revit and where needed Fabrication CAD
- Production of 2D co-ordination and installation drawings
- Assisting the BIM Lead with production of 2D co-ordination and installation drawings
- Assisting the BIM Lead with 3D elements needed for design and co-ordination
- Supporting all parties working within the BIM process
- Verification and preparation of layout drawings to meet contract requirements
- Site surveying & verification including point cloud scanning and total station operation
- Working within a team environment help to achieve efficient project delivery
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Eoin Carey on 0870505417 / Eoin@optimizerecruitment.ie
Job Ref No: EC-21663