CAD Technician (Co. Laois) Manufacturing/ Engineering
A highly successful and well-established manufacturing/engineering company based in Co Laois is seeking to recruit a CAD technician to join their team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an industry leader and gain valuable experience with cutting edge technology. Draughting experience on sheet metal or fabrication is highly desirable.
The successful individual will have the following:
- Relevant experience and/or qualification in mechanical cad design.
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD (2D / 3D) and Autodesk Inventor (or Solidworks) with the ability to create detailed drawings.
- Draughting experience on sheet metal or fabrication is highly desirable.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making with a proven track record in meeting deadlines.
- Accuracy, reliability and attention to detail are essential.
- Nesting experience also desirable, not essential.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Prepare drawings from sales to production, including production drawings, assembly specifications, generating Bills of materials and approval of drawings.
- Assist engineering department in the production of design and working drawings.
- Consult with engineering and production team on drawing issues, programmes, detailing and measurements for material or components.
- Generate and maintain engineering drawings and specifications for finished products, components, raw materials, sub-assemblies, jigs/fixtures and assembly aids.
- Utilizing design schematics to create detailed accurate drawings for manufacturing making recommendations where necessary.
- Provide guidance on CAD related procedures including software revisions, if appropriate.
This is an initial 6-month contract with a view to long-term for the correct candidate.
Ideally experience of modeling by Inventor and/or fabrication would be advantageous.
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Eoin on: 056 7786631 / 087 0505417.
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and your CV will never be released without your prior approval.
Job Ref Number: EC-18682