Civil Engineer x 2
- Location: Kildare
- Sector: Renewable Energy
The successful candidate will work as part of the engineering team in the provision of a professional project and civil engineering service to the renewable energy sector.
The successful engineers will have the following
- Level 8 Civil Engineering Degree
- 3+ years’ experience in a similar role;
- Civil engineering design, contract documentation, renewable energy, project management capabilities, bog/peat drainage design and implementation
- Proficient in AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, GIS and Surveying.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role will include the following:
- Support the Projects Manager in the delivery of professional project and civil engineering services to the renewable energy sector.
- Monitor project programmes to ensure delivery of milestones and works on schedule ensuring remedial actions are taken to recover project.
- Ensure that projects are appropriately planned, designed, delivered on time, within budget and in accordance with specifications and meeting regulatory and Health & Safety standards;
- Liaise with relevant internal and external stakeholders, in the various stages of project development to achieve project goals.
- Provide engineering input into site selection for projects including site suitability criteria such as site access, site drainage, geotechnical suitability, component delivery route assessments.
- Lead the provision of civil engineering input into a range of activities including preplanning and planning stage project designs and prepare civil engineering designs and method statements for site and project specific requirements.
- Complete tender assessments, participate in contract negotiations and in contractor selection.
- Propose and evaluate value engineering proposals.
- Supervise project sites and manage contractors and other engineering service providers. Ensure that works are carried out in accordance with contract documents.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety and Construction Regulations and Construction Quality Assurance.
- Prepare reports including monthly progress reports, minutes, cost reports, specified engineering works, construction quality assurance reports, and validation reports
For additional information and a confidential discussion contact Eoin on: 056 7786631 / 087 0505417 or e-mail in your curriculum vitae in the strictest confidence.
All applications dealt with in the strictest confidence.