Commercial & Operations Manager – FMCG (South East)
Our client a leading FMCG business in the South East are recruiting for a Commercial and Operations Manager. This role will involve overall responsibility & management for a young, dynamic, growing food company employing 30 people & operating in the retail & food service marketplace. This role requires leadership & strategic thinking to take the company forward & be able to create a culture of strategic excellence and encourage others to think longer term. Developing strategic advantage & seeking opportunities for future development.
- Raw material & ingredient purchasing
- Work closely with the Financial Controller on financial planning, costings & margins
- Maintain & develop sales Ensure efficient operation of a cost effective, compliant, production site in conjunction with the Production Manager
- Have a strong focus on NPD
- Personnel recruitment & management
- Management structures & efficient reporting on production/sales/admin & finance to achieve maximum output efficiently.
- Strategic management of the business
- To focus & push both self & others if required to achieve targets, budgets & results despite any opposition or antagonism on route
- The role requires actively influencing & motivating a variety of people in changing situations.
- The role will require tangible & measureable results to be obtained Communication & people skills are important aspects of this role.
- Good organisational skills
- Good people management skills
- Strong I.T. skills
- Commercially aware
- Good negotiation skills
- Results & solutions driven with good problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maximise the potential of staff & be able to find the right-fit, in terms of personnel for the various positions within the company, particularly for heads of the various departments,
- Bring a sense of urgency to situations, demonstrate an active approach, be willing to get involved in order to increase the pace & achieve goals & objectives
- Remain confident when dealing with negative situations, convince others to have ideas & create new options, as well as encouraging & enthusing them to come up with imaginative solutions to difficult problems
Qualifications & Experience:
- Possess a third level qualification plus Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar managerial role
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Brian on 056 7786631/086 820 2188 or via e-mail through the link provided.
Please e-mail your CV with the Vacancy Reference Number: BW – 18801 in the title of the mail.
All application dealt within the strictest confidence and your CV will not be released without your prior approval.