Commodity Trader/Procurement Sales – South East
Optimize are currently looking to recruit an experienced trader who has experience sourcing products for the sellers and subsequently selling on post manufacturing to buyers in the agri-food and renewable fuel business.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in commodity trading and have confidence in their ability to deliver.
- Ability to develop a strong relationship with buyers and sellers
- Keen understanding and interest in commodity market
- Ability to source new sellers of products relevant to the business portfolio
- Strong commercial sense
- Understanding of agriculture essential and an understanding of renewable energy
- Negotiation skills are a key element of this role
- Strong trading mentality & commercial sense in order to optimise sale whilst maintaining good customer relations
- Good organisational skills
- Gain the trust of customers and to as the ‘go-to’ person
- Charismatic, have an interest in people and take time to understand their needs
- This person needs to be a self-starter, competitive, persuasive & inspirational with drive to achieve & handle a variety of tasks. Be able to cope with unexpected interruptions and be a problem solver
- Strong IT skills
- Source new products suppliers to complement the existing supplier base
- Maintain and develop sales with current customer base
- Resource and bring on board new products to sell to existing and new customers
- Provide technical information and back-up relevant to the company products portfolio
- Actively monitor and ensure all accounts are within credit limits
Qualifications & Experience
- Food or Agricultural Science degree or relevant experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a trading environment
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Brian on 056 7786631/086 820 2188 or via e-mail through the link provided.
Please e-mail your CV with the Vacancy Reference Number: BW – 18789 in the title of the mail.
All application dealt within the strictest confidence and your CV will not be released without your prior approval.