Our client is seeking a Continuous Improvement Engineer to join their site in Waterford. The ideal candidate will have multi-project experience in a medical device or pharmaceutical environment.
An attractive salary of 50-60k is on offer DOE.
Key Duties/ responsibilities:
- Manage multiple small to medium medical device projects from concept through design for manufacture, commissioning and qualification.
- Assist with the identification of suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Interface with client representatives, and other functional groups to manage and coordinate the development of project deliverables.
- Generate project plans, scopes of work, cost estimates and quotations.
- Generate work instructions and action change notes.
- Review and approve documentation including specifications and drawings.
- Manage manufacturing, assembly, tooling/fixture design and commissioning & validation activities.
- Review and/or approve commissioning and qualification protocols.
- Provide qualification and troubleshooting support for equipment and processes.
- Independently manage technical, engineering and compliance matters relating to the project delivery, by making decisions on engineering problems and methods.
Skills & Competencies:
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Commissioning & Validation Experience – Equipment & Process experience preferred
- Proficiency in a CAD package such as Solid Works, or equivalent, preferred
- Proficiency in a Statistical Analysis package such as Minitab, or equivalent, preferred
- Proficiency in an MRP package such as SAP, preferred
- Organized and adaptable with a flexible approach to Project Engineering
Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience within a medical device’s environment (or pharmaceuticals)
- Minimum of Bachelors’ degree (Honours) in Engineering (Level 8) 2:1 Minimum
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Lee on: 056 7786631 / 085 8072559
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and your CV will never be released without your prior approval.
Job Ref Number: LD-18894