Cyber security Operations Consultants (South East Ireland)
Leading Cyber security company based in the South East of Ireland has a increasing requirement for experienced individuals to join their expanding CyberSOC Team.
The successful individual will ideally have the following :
- 1+ years’ professional experience in IT industry/Network engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent subject matter.
- Experience / college experience around incident investigation and forensics, information security and computer networking would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of common Internet protocols and applications.
- Excellent organisational skills with strong attention to detail are essential.
- Work effectively as part of a team yet function well with independent responsibilities.
- Interest in taking the initiative for personal growth and development.
- Flexibility to accommodate changing schedules of client and project needs and willingness to work extended hours when needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a high level of professionalism.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- The evaluation of all incidents, events, security, vulnerabilities, monitoring, coordination and reporting on cyber incidents impacting our global clients.
- Investigate security events; follow pre-defined actions to handle monitoring incidents, events and high severity issues including escalating to other support groups.
- Use Security Information Event Management tools (SIEM), Endpoint Detection & Response tools (EDR), and Network Security Monitoring tools (NSM) such as FireEye, Fidelis, Splunk, Intel/McAfee, RSA, IBM, Symantec, Resilient, Cybereason, Tanium, CarbonBlack, Bro and Snort.
- Thoroughly document work and present findings to management suitable for customer consumption.
- Report common and repeat problems (trend analysis) to management and propose process and technical improvements.
- Use the latest security monitoring technologies to detect malware and hackers.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work alongside experienced information security professionals with a wide variety of cutting-edge tool sets and serving our customers in a wide variety of industry verticals.
This opportunity also represents an excellent opportunity to break into, or advance in, the cybersecurity field. Training provided.
Full details available upon request.
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Eoin on: 056 7786631 / 087 0505417
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and your CV will never be released without your prior approval.
Job Ref Number: EC-18971