Our client based in Port Laois, design make and deliver air management products. Due to continued growth they are looking to recruit a full-time design engineer.
- Design sheet metal products using Creo parametric.
- Simulate designs using FAE and CFD tools integrated within Creo.
- Render product designs for client meetings/sign-off using tools integrated within Creo.
- Manage Release process ensuring the product is fully defined and checked including accurate bill of materials prior to production release.
- Source parts/material from suppliers and ensure accurate costs and supplier information is available to purchasing.
- Project manage designs from prototype to production and provide follow up support.
- Provide full assembly documentation including assembly runners, wiring instructions and quality recording.
- Maintain a professional relationship with clients and actively participate in client design review meetings.
- Focus on product quality ensuring client expectations are met and products are fully tested and documented.
- Track assigned projects and report progress to the engineering manager as required.
- Provide product costings and documentation to the sales team as required based on customer drawings and specifications.
- Carry out site work including product installation, commissioning, fault finding and maintenance. All safety precautions and best practices for on-site work should be followed. Complete site method statements and risk assessments as required.
- Participate and implement lean principles within the engineering department.
- Be a role model for the company culture and safety procedures.
- Ongoing training will be provided as part of this
- Engineering Degree (Level 8 or higher) in mechanical, manufacturing, mechatronic, industrial design or similar discipline.
- 3+ years experience in a design engineer role using Creo Parametric or similar 3D design software.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft office & Email.
- Attention to detail for both design and BOM release.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work on own initiative.
- Professional manner when working with other staff or leading a build.
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Lisa : 056 7786631 / 083 3739075
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and your CV will never be released without your prior approval.
Job Ref Number: DL – 19019