Ecologist – Cork
Our client is seeking to recruit a Project Ecologist to join its Ecology team in their Cork office.
The role will suit candidates with a minimum of 3 years’ post-graduate ecological experience, ideally in a consultancy environment.
The key responsibilities of this opportunity will include:
- Preparing and compiling ecological assessments
- Undertaking background research, desk studies and ecological fieldwork and impact assessment reporting, to best-practice guidelines and methodologies
- Carry out ecological assessments and surveys, from inception to completion
- Liaising with client representatives and project managers to progress projects effectively
- Finding solutions to ecological challenges on projects
- Engaging with relevant authorities and stakeholders in ecological projects
- Delivering high quality outputs within set deadlines
- Prepare and compile information for Environmental Impact Statements
The successful individual will have the following:
- Level 8 degree in ecology, environmental science or a related discipline
- Ecological field skills, highlighting any specialist ecological expertise (either academic or interest)
- In-depth knowledge of a broad range of environmental issues, fundamental to the preparation of high-quality, ecological impact assessments
- Experience of preparing reports such as Environmental Impact Statements
- Well organised with excellent attention to detail while also being able to manage their own workload
- Field skills in ornithology with previous experience of conducting surveys for renewable energy projects ideally
The successful candidate will be working on projects in the wind energy, solar, waste, road and built infrastructure sectors and it is essential that prospective candidates have relevant and recent experience in these sectors.
Salary and details available upon request.
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Eoin on: 056 7786631 / Eoin@optimizerecruitment.ie
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and your CV will never be released without your prior approval.
Job Ref Number: EC-18240