Ecologists (Various levels)
Our client is seeking to recruit a Project Ecologists at various levels to join its growing team.
The opportunities available will suit candidates with experience of 3+ years to 10+ years post-graduate ecological experience, ideally in a consultancy environment.
- West of Ireland (Mayo / Galway)
- Dublin / Kildare
The key responsibilities will vary depending on your level of experience – but could include:
- Preparing and compiling ecological assessments
- Undertaking background research, desk studies and ecological fieldwork and impact assessment reporting, to best-practice guidelines and methodologies
- Carry out ecological assessments and surveys, from inception to completion
- Liaising with client representatives and project managers to progress projects effectively
- Finding solutions to ecological challenges on projects
- Engaging with relevant authorities and stakeholders in ecological projects
- Delivering high quality outputs within set deadlines
- Prepare and compile information for Environmental Impact Statements
The successful individual will have the following: (depending on yoru level of experience)
- Level 8 degree in ecology, environmental science or a related discipline
- Ecological field skills, highlighting any specialist ecological expertise (either academic or interest)
- In-depth knowledge of a broad range of environmental issues, fundamental to the preparation of high-quality, ecological impact assessments
- Experience of preparing reports such as Environmental Impact Statements
- Well organised with excellent attention to detail while also being able to manage their own workload
- Field skills in ornithology with previous experience of conducting surveys for renewable energy projects ideally
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Eoin on: 056 7786631 / 0870505417 / Eoin@optimizerecruitment.ie
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and your CV will never be released without your prior approval.
Job Ref Number: EC-21268