Electrical Design Engineer (Kilkenny)
- Industries: Water / Wastewater
- Duration: Permanent
The successful Electrical Design Engineer will be responsible for the timely completion and quality of work on both tender and contract projects, involving the tendering and design of various projects in the water and wastewater industries.
The successful engineer will have the following:
- 5+ years in a similar Electrical Design Role
- Switchgear and distribution equipment design and selection (MV/LV)
- Instrumentation design and selection
- Building services design (Lighting, Emergency Lighting, Fire Alarm & General Services)
- Standby systems including generators and UPS.
- Lighting design software (DIALUX)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Duties of the role will include:
- Preparing project design and documentation by evaluating the client specifications
- Promote a level of technical excellence relating to electrical engineering within the team.
- Preparation of drawings, bills of quantity and other design documentation required for the installation phase of the project
- Liaise with design, contract, installation and commissioning departments
- Preparation of Technical Submissions
- Design of electrical distribution systems, motive power, instrumentation, fire and intruder
alarms, motor control panels and containment systems
- Attend scheduled project and tender meetings and design reviews
- Possess a working knowledge of CE Certification in particular with relation to Safety Control
- Liaise with the client, if required, during proposal development and project installation
- Conduct site surveys to collect field data to develop drawings, layouts and designs
Full job description available upon request.
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Eoin on: 056 7786631 / 087 0505417
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and your CV will never be released without your prior approval.
Job Ref Number: EC- 18606