Electrical Quantity Surveyor (Dublin)
Leading engineering firm based in Dublin has an immediate opportunity for an Intermediate Level QS to join their team.
The successful Quantity Surveyor will be capable of costing and agreeing daily work changes to include managing the subcontractor re-measurement of contract works, site day works and site change orders.
The successful individual will have the following:
- 4+ years of Quantity surveying experience essential on Electrical Projects.
- Detailed knowledge of commercial management and QS Role within construction
- 3rd level qualification in Construction Economics / Quantity Surveying ideally coupled with a technical background as either Electrician or Electrical Engineer
- Experience working on electrical value projects in-excess of €4million within the data centre, pharmaceutical, industrial or commercial sectors.
- Proficient in excel.
- Good understanding of the business, client and Sub Contractor relations, and installations
- Excellent Communication/Interpersonal, record keeping and administration skills
- Track record in the successful delivery of pre and post contract M&E cost management services
Following the direction of Senior Management, duties of the role will include:
- Report in detail as required for the Project Manager on the commercial status of the project.
- Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations and final accounts. Ensure payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed sub-contract and procurement terms. Retentions apply as per agreements.
- Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate.
- Ability to identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to Senior Management.
- Have a practical understanding of scheduling and the associated commercial implications.
- Ensure close collaboration with Planning Engineer regarding accuracy of progress reporting.
Full details available upon request.
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Eoin Carey on 0870505417 / Eoin@optimizerecruitment.ie
Job Ref No: EC-21664