Estimator – Midlands
The successful individual will be involved with and responsible for tendering for all construction projects.
Duties will include preparing and collating accurate, detailed and timely tenders based on drawings, specifications, Bills of Quantities, and other information to secure profitable work orders.
The successful candidate will assist in the ongoing development of systems and procedures used in tendering and will keep up to date with contractual changes and other developments in the construction industry.
The successful individual will have the following:
- 8+ years’ experience in an estimating or an Estimating/QS role
- 3rd level qualifications in QS or a related construction discipline.
- Good working knowledge of pricing and quantification methods is required.
- Experience of leading a team is desirable but not essential.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure.
- Able to be a strong team player, as well as work on their own initiative.
- A desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on the customer and the business is required.
- Proficiency in IT, numeracy and MS Office Basic & Estimating Systems is essential.
Reporting to the General Manager, duties and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for pricing tender opportunities
- Ensure that cost planning and estimating are accurate
- Review customer’s drawings and specifications to prepare accurate costings for the works.
- Review tender documents and submission requirements
- Detailed analysis of subcontractors’ and direct labour analysis
- Manage and coordinate the preparation of preliminary and general expense pricing, including plant schedules and risk assessment
- Manage the production of cost information and tender submissions for senior management
- Maintain the company supply chain database/Estimating System with tender information from allocated bids.
- Carry out measurement and take-offs, pricing and entering the system
An attractive remuneration package will be provided, as will opportunities for continuous professional development, including active membership of CIOB or a relevant professional body.
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Eoin on: 056 7786631 / 087 0505417
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and your CV will never be released without your prior approval.
Job Ref Number: EC-19332
Nominated for “Agency of the Year” – NRF Awards 2019
Winner of “Small Business of the Year” – Kilkenny Chamber of Commerce Awards 2017