Optimize is currently working with a Professional Services client who is going through year on year growth.
The Financial Accountant will work alongside and report to the Finance Manager to ensure the effective delivery of financial support & analysis to the broader business in a timely manner, as well as providing support to the Finance team in all areas of finance as and when required.
The position is based in the Kilkenny office with travel to the Dublin office required. The candidate will be working remotely a number of days per week.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Responsibility for the general ledgers including reviewing postings, period-end controls and reconciliation of intercompany accounts
- Preparation of annual financial statements in accordance with Irish GAAP
- Prepare and submit all regulatory, tax and statistical returns on a timely basis
- Liaise with budget holders and assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of annual budgets
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of strong financial controls, ensuring a strong financial control environment exists at all times
- Assist in IT system developments
- Review, improve, automate and implement standardised processes on a continuous rolling basis
- Contribute to Finance team initiatives
- Maintaining process and procedure manuals
- Ad hoc reporting as required
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) with industry experience
- 3-5 years’ experience of working in a busy Finance department in a similar role
- Excellent attention to detail and deadline driven
- Payroll experience is an advantage
- Superior analytical skills and a strong focus on accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Capacity to lead from the front demonstrating high levels of professionalism
- A team player with the ability to work independently and problem solve
- Proactive and willing to grow and develop within the role and the company
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact: Ciara on 056-7786631 or email email@example.com
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and your CV will never be released without your prior approval.
Job Ref Number: CL- 22532