Financial Accountant/Part qualified Accountant – Wexford
12 month contract (with a view to permanency)
Due to growth and expansion, our client has an opening for a Financial Accountant to join their team on a one year FTC. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to build and progress their career within a thriving progressive company.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Financial Accountant will be responsible for ensuring that all financial transactions are appropriately recorded in a timely and accurate manner in order to ensure that financial close can be achieved to strict deadlines. The key responsibility will be managing the monthly accounting process. The Financial Accountant will play a key role in monthly financial reporting and will support the statutory and regulatory financial reporting requirements.
This role would suit a Part/Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA, CIMA,CPA) who ideally has experience in the financial services or professional services industry.
- Managing the monthly accounts close process
- Preparation of journals, financial schedules and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in the development of financial reporting within the team
- Analysis of movements on main income statement and balance sheet headings
- Dealing with technical accounting queries as they arise
- Assist in the accounts payable function, including but not limited to monthly reconciliations dealing with supplier queries, etc.
- Liaising with external auditors, internal auditors as required
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with management and liaise with senior personnel on reporting requirements from all areas of the business
- AD hoc tasks
- Strong technical accounting skills with high level of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills- ability to proactively identify and resolve issues
- Professional, personable and positive can do mindset
- Ability to work well within a team environment and on their own initiative
- Technically strong with good Excel and system skills
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Alan Grant on: 056 7786631
Job Ref Number: AG-18841
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and your CV will never be released without your prior approval.