Geotechnical Engineer (Cork)
Multi-disciplined engineering consultancy has an exciting opportunity for a geotechnical engineer to join their innovative team based in Cork City.
The successful individual will be responsible for undertaking the geotechnical design of several multidisciplinary projects and coordinating junior staff within tight timeframes. Strong technical skills both in design and field is required.
Our client provides innovative ground engineering solutions for a wide variety of projects and clients.
The successful individual will have the following:
- Degree in Civil, Geotechnical or Structural Engineering.
- 5 + years’ experience in geotechnical design and construction.
- A post-graduate qualification in Geotechnical Engineering, Soil Mechanics, or equivalent is an advantage.
- Ideally Chartered status of a professional engineering organisation.
- Strong technical understanding of: excavations, foundations, earthworks, slopes.
- Knowledge of contaminated land/waste issues would be an advantage.
- Good planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Experience of planning, managing, supervising and interpreting geotechnical investigations.
- Experience of 3D modelling, scripting, numerical analysis or GIS would be an advantage.
Full details available upon request.
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Eoin on: 056 7786631 / 087 0505417
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and your CV will never be released without your prior approval.
Job Ref Number: EC-19337
Nominated for “Agency of the Year” – NRF Awards 2019
Winner of “Small Business of the Year” – Kilkenny Chamber of Commerce Awards 2017