HR Manager (South Tipperary)
Reporting to the CEO & with in excess of 140 employees, the successful HR Manager will provide a broad range of HR and Health & Safety services to all functional areas of the business.
The successful individual will have the following:
- Relevant Third Level qualification in a HR related discipline.
- Experience in the food industry is advantageous but not necessary.
- Experience and understanding of cost management important.
- Learning & Developing experience desirable.
- Competent in the use of MS Office essential (Outlook / Word / Excel / PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organise workload within structured timelines.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Robust understanding of Irish Employment Law.
- Experience in H&S is advantageous but not necessary
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Flexible to the needs of the business.
- Ability to influence and implement change.
- Energetic, committed and self-reliant individual who has an overall commitment to the organisation and ability to use own initiative.
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Implementation continuous development of the site HR plan.
- Partner with the Operations department across all HR disciplines to deliver the HR plan – to include – recruitment, people and career development, performance management, employee relations, payroll and benefits, managing HR policies, procedures, KPI’s and administration.
- Training & Development – Coordination of training and development activities on site to meet department/site needs and statutory requirements.
- Weekly Payroll – support the Finance team in compiling the weekly payroll. Provide support to employees on all pay related matters.
- Recruitment and Induction – Control of labour/headcount with recruitment costs tracked in line with KPI and budgetary limits. Orientation plan is controlled and tracked during the first period employment (to be agreed with Operations Manager), retention process is in place and tracked through employee KPI’s. Create and maintain a company LinkedIn online profile to aid recruitment process.
- Employee and Industrial Relations – Provide support to all managers in maintaining and developing a strong and positive working relationship with employees. Providing HR advisory service on disciplinary/grievance/ER related issues and in cooperation with line managers, ensuring that absenteeism, both long and short term, is proactively and consistently managed.
- HR Administration – Managing the maintenance of staff records in an ‘audit ready’ state. Compilation of employee trend analysis, such as headcount reporting, attrition, absenteeism etc.
- Project Work – As part of a wider project team to assist and manage the delivery of key projects that have an impact on the site objectives – this will include areas outside of HR as part of our ongoing continuous improvement culture.
- Manage and continuously develop the site H&S system and Safety Statement.
- Attend daily factory PIT meetings and report on any accident, incident or near miss.
This position would be maybe suitable for a HR Business Partner seeking to further enhance their HR career in an innovative fast paced environment.
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Gemma on: 056 7786631 / 086 8016771.
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and your CV will never be released without your prior approval.
Job Ref Number: GM-18662