Junior IT Technician (Kilkenny)
This is an in-house support role for a leading employer in Kilkenny.
Reporting to the IT manager the successful individual will provide on the ground IT support to the IT infrastructure and to support IT related strategic initiatives for the organisation.
The successful candidate will have the following ideally:
- 1-2 years’ experience working within a small to medium enterprise in an IT or related role.
- Experience of Sharepoint would be advantageous.
- A recent IT graduate who is willing to create a career in the IT sector.
- Familiarity of IT infrastructure at both hardware and software levels.
- Organised individual with the ability to multitask
- Good communicating skills.
- Excellent IT skills and are familiar with Microsoft Office and other software packages such as SAP.
- Good problem-solving skills.
Main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Providing IT support/advice to users at site
- Fixing printers/phones and IT related equipment
- Answering general IT queries
- General IT- setting up new tech e.g. laptops, tablets, new desktops, replacing computer parts etc.
- Maintain of IT supplies and storeroom
- Troubleshooting MSOffice issues (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- System administration (Active Directory, Exchange Server, MS Exclaimer, MXIE)
- Troubleshooting issues with Windows Servers and operating systems.
- Maintaining Access Control and CRM systems.
- Remote support for end users and being the first point of contact for error reporting.
- Repairing or replacing damaged hardware.
- Elevating issues where necessary to third party support.
- Travel to sites from time to time as required
For additional information and a confidential discussion contact Eoin on: 056 7786631 / 087 0505417 or e-mail in your curriculum vitae in the strictest confidence.
Job Ref No: EC-21945
All applications dealt with in the strictest confidence.