Key Account Manager (Tipperary)
The role involves proactively managing national accounts to achieve sales, margin, and retailer category growth targets through optimisation of current listings and new product development. The role also includes responsibility for developing and executing sales plans to deliver profitable and sustainable sales with B2B customers and the foodservice channels.
- Develop and negotiate annual Joint Business Plans (JBP) and Long-Term Agreements (LTA) with key retail and convenience customers.
- Liaise with members of Senior Management in developing weekly, monthly, quarterly action plans and category plans for customers that are in line with the annual account plan and the overall company strategic plan.
- Work on product pricing model for submission of pricing to customers at tender time.
- Work closely with production and quality departments in New Product Development.
- Report on the sales and profitability and account initiatives to grow sales in your accounts on a weekly basis.
- Liaise with planning department and logistics on a weekly basis regarding forecast planning.
- Work closely with suppliers to develop, signoff artwork and order packaging.
- Develop phonograms with retail customers.
- Implement, develop, and manage a new field sales team to ensure all brand activation plans at store level and customer phonograms are being followed. Develop and audit their daily routes and manage their time accordingly.
- Submission of customer promotion plans per cycle or as required.
- Manage the costs associated with doing business with each of the key accounts.
- Develop a relationship with each relevant member of the trading team in each of the key accounts. Also build relationships with managers of key stores at a local level.
- To control debtors in conjunction with the financial controller.
- Visit all customers on a regular basis.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Third level qualification
- 5 – 10 years’ experience working in FMCG Sales / Business Development
- Ability to manage numerous key accounts and divide time correctly between small, medium, and large accounts.
- Strong numeric & commercial acumen to proactively manage major accounts to maintain product margin and meet account targets.
- Experience collating Joint Business Plans and negotiating Long Term Agreements essential.
- Excellent communicator with exceptional presentational skills.
- Very proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent people skills.
- Leadership Skills.
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact: Gemma Butler on 056-7786631 or email email@example.com
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and your CV will never be released without your prior approval.
Job Ref Number: 18618