- Position: Mechanical Engineer
- Location: Kilkenny
- Duration: Permanent
A multi-disciplined engineer who will be involved in all aspects of projects including: tendering, design, procurement, design co-ordination, supervision, project engineering, site installation, commissioning, and operational support.
The successful engineer will have the following:
- Degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Process Engineering or equivalent experience relevant to water and wastewater engineering.
- Experience in construction environment and applicable water and wastewater engineering projects & applicable experience in duties as detailed herein.
- Strong Engineering and Technical Capability with attention to detail.
- Expertise and knowledge of Water and Wastewater Treatment Engineering.
- Strong Problem solving skills.
- Numerate and highly computer literate.
- Effective Time Management and Communication skills.
- Self-sustaining engineer with ability to effectively work as part of a team, & Customer Focused.
Duties of the role will include:
- Playing an integral, proactive and functional part in Sales, Design, Project, Site, Contract and Engineering Teams.
- Detailed engineering design and preparation of; general and technical specifications, reports, tender documentation, contract and construction documentation, engineering studies and reports, asset reports, RFQ’s, O&M manuals, Site documentation, and other such documentation, reports and drawings that may be required.
- Problem solving and application of good engineering principles.
- Appropriate and prudent equipment specification and selection, proactive co-operation with procurement dept., sourcing and selection of appropriate and viable sub-contractors, and ensuring project requirements are attained with respect to procurement.
- Understanding and ensuring compliance with design standards and good engineering practice.
- Site management, supporting and assisting project managers, project engineering and direct involvement in site activities including; direct supervision, site guidance, site co-ordination, preparation and supervision of site installation, and commissioning activities.
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Eoin on: 056 7786631 / Eoin@optimizerecruitment.ie
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and your CV will never be released without your prior approval.
Job Ref Number: EC-18190