Mechanical Quantity Surveyor – Limerick
• Skilled at budgeting, reporting, developing BOQ’s, profit plans.
• Good communication skills. Undertake and manage interim commercial meetings with the Client and Internal Project Team. Report in detail as required for the Project Manager on the commercial status of the project.
• Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations and final accounts. Ensure payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed sub-contract and procurement terms. Retentions apply as per agreements.
• The Mechanical Quantity Surveyor will have the ability to administer the contract obligations and meet additional Client requirements. Issue interim and final accounts and progress applications per project and contract requirements. Monthly applications to be all inclusive of accurate remeasures, site changes, dayworks and any applicable contract claims. Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate.
• Ability to identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to Senior Management. Follow direction of Senior Management in undertaking work duties.
• Have a practical understanding of scheduling and the associated commercial implications. Ensure close collaboration with Planning Engineer regarding accuracy of progress reporting.
• Capable of costing and agreeing daily work changes to include managing the subcontractor remeasurement of contract works, site dayworks and site change orders.
• Maintain accurate records and provide necessary detailed backup to support commercial tracking and costing.
• Ability to work on own initiative and can prioritise without direction.
• Speed and accuracy of information a priority.
• Negotiate, as necessary, with clients or their representatives.
• 3rd level Qualifications in Mechanical Engineering/ Building Services Engineering or Quantity Surveying
• Minimum 4-6 years of Quantity surveying / Mechanical Engineering experience essential.
• Proficient in excel.
• Detailed knowledge of commercial management and Quantity Surveyor role within construction
• Knowledge of contract conditions and their applications
• Overall understanding of the business, client and Sub Contractor relations, and M&E installation
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Alan on or via e-mail through the link provided.
Please e-mail your CV with the Vacancy reference AG- 19031 number in the title of the mail.
All application dealt within the strictest confidence and your CV will not be released without your prior approval.