My client, a pharmaceutical company in South Tipp are seeking an experienced Packaging Shift Manager on a 6 month contract.
Shift:8am-4pm & 4pm-12am
Salary €50-55k DOE
- Support the Production Manager in the development of the weekly production schedules.
- Manage production within the shift so that budgeted capacities are available and schedules are
- delivered cost effectively and on time. Manage and co-ordinate shift start up, shutdown, breaks, changeover and handover.
- Ensure that the production schedules are adhered to and delivered on a daily shift basis.
- Report on plant performance and team activities on a daily basis.
- Liaise effectively with Planning, Warehousing and Purchasing to ensure that supply chain objectives are met.
- Liaise with other operations functions where schedule cannot be achieved to develop contingency plans to consume capacity effectively and meet monthly objectives.
- Ensure that all batch documentation is completed on a timely basis to ensure that customer service is maintained at the company targets.
- Manage and maximise team and individual performance through leadership, facilitation and employee development. Motivate the packaging team and create a positive employee relations environment.
- Increase quality levels on packaging lines including carrying out spot checks on all room logbooks, pack-specs and on-line documentation, ensure that all documentation is completed accurately and timely. Ensure actions that are put in place as a result of audits are maintained.
- Ensure that all personnel adhere to company policies, company SOPs, cGMP and health and safety legislation.
- Manage absenteeism on a shift basis.
- A minimum of 7 years pharmaceutical experience in supervisory management roles
- A third level qualification in science, engineering, manufacturing or equivalent is essential
- Thorough knowledge of pharmaceutical finished dosage cGMP for Europe
- A track record of implementing operations improvement principles to improve production performance will be advantageous, Lean & Six Sigma qualifications desirable
For more information and to discuss similar opportunities, contact Lee on 0567786631 / email@example.com
Job Ref LD-19052