Principal Environmental Scientist (Carlow)
Leading multi-disciplined consultancy are seeking to recruit a Principal Environmental Scientist whom will work as an integral member of the Waste and Resource Management team in their Carlow office.
The position will involve assisting the expansion of the Waste and Resource Management business and working closely with the management team.
The successful Environmental Scientist responsibles will include:
- Leading individual projects as Project Manager
- Project management and coordination of Environmental Impact Assessments, Strategic Environmental Assessments, Appropriate Assessments, planning application documentation and other environmental reports
- Provide expert environmental technical assistance to the business
- Actively participate in the delivery of business development initiatives
- Manage the implementation of regulatory approvals
This position offers exposure to a broad range of areas within the waste management and environmental sectors, including, but not limited to, planning and EIAR, waste management, infrastructure development, waste licensing and permits, Industrial Emissions licensing and environmental due diligence.
The successful individual will have the following :
- Degree qualified in a relevant environmental discipline
- 10+ years post-graduate experience in an environmental position
- Chartered status in relevant discipline
- Experience of engaging with external stakeholder, clients and sub-contractors
- Familiarity with planning, environmental and waste management legislation
- Proven track record in Project management and contribution to the preparation of Environmental Impact Assessment Reports, planning and licence/permit applications for a wide range of projects
- Experience with planning, environmental and waste management legislation
- Excellent report writing and technical reviewing skills
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Eoin on: 056 7786631 / 087 0505417 or e-mail in your curriculum vitae in the strictest confidence.