Procurement Assistant – Co. Meath
Optimize Recruitment are currently seeking a Procurement Assistant to join an expanding Civil Engineering company in Co. Meath.
This appointment will provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to further develop their engineering skills along with an excellent opportunity for career advancement. This is an office based role, ideal for a Junior Engineer who enjoys documentation.
- Degree qualified in Construction or Engineering with purchasing experience.
- 4+ years experience in the construction industry.
- Quantity surveying or estimating experience is a distinct advantage.
- Understand Construction Plans/Drawings and Specifications with the ability to interpret for pricing.
- Excellent negotiation, problem solving skills with experience handling complex transactions with little supervision.
- Good Computer knowledge including experience in Purchase Order systems.
Assisting the Procurement Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Generate information and quotations to Suppliers / Subcontractors based on the Specification, Drawings, Bill of Quantities at Tender stage and Contract stage.
- Draft comparisons of rates /costs based on Quotations received from Suppliers / Subcontractors against Estimate Costs of tendered projects.
- Issue purchase orders to Suppliers and Subcontractors.
- Produce PO reports for sites on a weekly basis.
- Negotiate pricing contracts with material suppliers.
- Maintain procurement files and purchase agreements to an auditable standard.
- Attend weekly management meetings with contracts managers and other members of the bid team to implement optimal pricing activity.
- Research new materials & suppliers for design and cost savings.
- Apply and maintain the policies and procedures set out and adopt them accordingly.
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Marian on: 086 0444833
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and your CV will never be released without your prior approval.
Job Ref Number: MG – 21808