Production Manager (FMCG)
Optimize Recruitment are partnering with a leading and well established food manufacturer to recruit a permanent Production Manager to lead their site. The Production Manager will be involved with the planning, coordination and control of manufacturing processes. They will ensure that goods and services are produced safely, efficiently to the highest level of quality and at the appropriate cost.
Salary is depending on experience. More information is available upon receipt of application.
- Ensure full H&S compliance and engagement across the facility to build a Safety-First culture
- Ensure that products are produced on time and are produced to the highest quality standards
- Maintain the highest standard of GMP.
- Liaise closely with Supervisors and Team Leaders across all shifts and production areas, ensuring adequate support and skills available in all areas including cover for annual leave
- Develop team members through coaching, delegation, performance reviews and cross training
- Proactively manage KPIs – identify issues and implement corrective action accordingly
- Draft a weekly labor schedule
- Prioritize production in line with customer demand
- Manage the production processes and adjust schedules as needed
- Schedule daily DRMs to review previous days KPIs
- Organize materials for the following shift
- Third level qualification in business administration, management, engineering, industrial technology
- At least 5 years at supervisory or 3 years management level in production, preferably within the food industry
- Knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance, quality systems and standards
- Strong knowledge of process improvement techniques such as Lean
- Solid understanding of KPI’s, finance and management principles
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage, influence and lead teams
- Experience of supply chain an advantage
For more information and to discuss similar opportunities, please contact Lee Doheny in the strictest of confidence on 0858072559 / email@example.com
Please note your CV will never be released without your prior permission.
JOB REF: LD-22658