Dublin West and Laois
My client, a UK based manufacturer with strong operations in Ireland (Dublin and Cork) is seeking a Production Planner to join their manufacturing facilities across two sites in Dublin West and Laois.
This role reports to the Planning Lead and has been created due to a strong pipeline of projects won by our client.
Salary €35-40K + benefits.
*Travel required between two sites* so full driving license and own transport is a must.
- Liaise with the overall project planners to ensure alignment of the production schedule with the overall project schedules.
- Liaise with the design department to track progress on design milestones and assess and communicate any impact to the production schedules from delays to the design process.
- Liaise with the procurement department and individual key suppliers to track material deliveries and ensure as much as possible a JIT approach to material delivery.
- Product weekly report out with production schedule updates.
- Liaise with the Factory Managers & Factory Supervisors to track progress and ensure production schedules are kept up to date.
- Using methods such as earned value analysis or similar, forecast slippage to production schedules based on current performance to allow early warning and intervention.
- Adopt a diligent approach to the production of accurate scheduling information which is key to the efficient operation of the manufacturing process.
- Prepares reports about production processes for upper management and suggests ways to improve efficiency
- Engages with the lean manufacturing processes that are in place and being further developed to improve overall production efficiency.
- Working in conjunction with the factory managers to schedule in the most cost-effective way to drive overall operational efficiency
- Planning and monitoring the capacity of equipment/facilities to optimise productivity.
- Assisting in the review of the project pipeline and incoming sales orders to advise on production slots.
- Minimum 3 years production planning experience in a manufacturing facility
- Experience of modular off-site manufacturing an advantage
- Proficiency with MS project and Asta
- Ability to develop others to their full potential, engages and motivates colleagues, maximises the performance of individuals and the business through its people.
- Provides regular communication to team members
- Ability to manage and meet the needs of internal/external stakeholders including positive influence in establishing the associated constituencies and securing commitment to projects and initiatives.
- Ensures all work is completed accurately and on time in line with the company’s management systems
- Reviews own performance against plans to achieve a more efficient and effective service
For more information and to discuss similar opportunities, please contact Lee in the strictest of confidence on 0858072559 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note your CV will never be released without your expressed permission.
JOB REF: LD-22112