My client, a company in the manufacturing and production space are seeking a Purchasing Manager to join their team in South Tipperary on a permanent basis.
The salary on offer for this role is €50-55k DOE.
- Full responsibility for the procurement and management of all packaging and ingredients for the business
- Identify and source new suppliers for packaging and ingredients that meet our key supplier KPI’s
- Full responsibility for supply/demand alignment, material replenishment, and supplier performance
- Determine packaging wastage per production line, per SKU and reduce to an agreed level
- Full responsibility for supplier management for packaging & ingredients
- Understanding our suppliers manufacturing and sourcing requirements by engaging with our preferred supply base through site visits, etc
- Management and control of slow moving stock items and obsolete stock items
- Establish and agree with Senior Management Team (SMT) packaging and ingredient KPI’s and present these on a weekly/monthly basis
- Full responsibility for the month end packaging and ingredient stock to include presentation in an agreed format to the Financial Controller
- Supporting the SMT as the project co-ordination of our annual tender on packaging and ingredients
- Degree qualification ideal but not essential
- Experience gained in a food production environment would be ideal
- A confident person who must be able to collaborate and communicate with colleagues at all levels in the organization to determine supply needs
- A structured individual with a strong self-discipline, capable of handling multiple projects, shifting priorities and handling deadline pressures
- Problem solving skills with sound commercial awareness and good attention to detail
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Lee on: 056 7786631 / 085 8072559
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and your CV will never be released without your prior approval.
Job Ref Number: LD-18939