Retail Supervisor Horticulturist
Our client, a national award-winning Retail and Garden Centre based in Co Wicklow are looking for a Retail Horticulturist to join their team. The Retail Supervisor Horticulturist will be part of an energetic team that will drive sales and maintain the high standards of the store.
- To achieve and seek to exceed personal sales targets across targeted product areas.
- To maximize the sales potential of your area.
- Improvement & development of relevant areas.
- Deal effectively with all customer enquiries, in an efficient and courteous manner, solving any problems as quickly as possible in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Ability to assist the Plant Area Manager by overseeing the plant’s team tasks and the day to day running of the shop floor in their absence.
- To assist the Plant Area manager with the procurement of stock as required.
- Liaise with Plant Area Manager on a weekly basis to ensure that, plants are kept at optimum stock levels based on forecasted sales, seasonality, scheduled promotions and prevailing weather conditions.
- Ensure that all plant deliveries are as per order and plants are true to type, free from pest, disease and labelled as per department of Agriculture, Food and the Marine guidelines.
- Ensure that workplace health & safety requirements are met and take responsibility for the security of the building and stock.
- Inspiring your store team to drive sales and deliver the finest level of customer service.
- Keep up to date with current product knowledge, Compliance with company policies, procedures and best practice to ensure a high level of productivity in line with company targets.
- Ensure all relevant POS is correct and up to date.
- Assist management by overseeing goods inward, stock control and stock taking, ensuring they are carried out in line with company policies
- Wastage and Supplier Credits are dealt with efficiently.
- Be at the forefront of Health and Safety protocols within the business.
- 3 plus years Horticulturist Experience in a retail setting
- Will be extremely customer focused and results driven.
- Must be able to build and maintain customer relationships, delivering a memorable customer experience.
- Experienced in ordering, stock taking/control, managing assigned department or product line desirable.
- Cash Management Experience.
- Experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint an advantage.
- Knowledge of KPI’s will be an advantage.
- Will have strong visual merchandising skills.
- Will have excellent communication, planning and organisation skills.
- Will be self-motivated and driven.
- Be flexible within the supervisor role and willing to adapt or upskill to keep in line with technological advances in both horticulture and retail.
- Have the skillset to be confident in communicating with the customer, instore and online using digital media within the public environs.
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact: Gemma Butler on 056-7786631 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and your CV will never be released without your prior approval.
Job Ref Number: 22708