Senior Electrical Engineer
Data Centre (LV Design Experience)
This is an exciting opportunity, working with one of the largest specialist Mechanical & Electrical construction companies in Ireland.
- Lead projects from concept stage to completion
- You will lead the Electrical Services design for a range of projects
- Design and specification of electrical services for various types of buildings and sectors
- Develop the electrical design standards within the organisation
- The Senior Electrical Engineer will be tasked with Providing fully detailed tender packages and monitor installation/quality on site until project completion
- Develop project scope with design team / client
- Produce budgets and reports for clients
- Preparation of design drawings covering all aspects of High & Low voltage equipment.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with members of the design team, contractors and in-house project team on technical and commercial issues.
- Creation of installed drawings and O&M manuals.
- Attend technical meetings with members of the design team, contractors, and in-house project team.
- Prepare tender, construction and as-built design drawings using AutoCAD.
- Prepare project programs using MS project.
- Prepare wiring schematics for electrical services such as fire alarm, nurse call, intruder alarm, door access, emergency lighting.
- Carry out lighting design calculations.
- Carry out cable sizing and cable containment sizing calculations.
- Ensuring all latest building and electrical design standards and regulations are adhered to.
- The Senior Electrical Engineer will ideally possess a 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering / Building Services Engineering
- You will possess LV design experience specific to Data Centre environments ideally
- 8+ years experience in the construction industry of which 5+ years will have ideally been spent in a Design role.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Autocad, Dialux, Amtech, REVIT an advantage
- Specification and design of Electrical Building Services systems for the Data Centre sector or similar
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
- Position requires thorough knowledge of electrical design and engineering techniques
- Deep knowledge of ETCI, CIBSE, IEC, BS, IS and EN Standards
- The role will be primarily office based but will involve some site attendances
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Lisa : 056 7786631 / 083 3739075
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and your CV will never be released without your prior approval.
Job Ref Number: DL- 18958