Senior Health and Safety Advisor – Midlands
My client, one of Ireland’s leading contractors is currently seeking an experienced Health and Safety Advisor for large commercial, manufacturing and pharmaceutical projects throughout the Midlands region. The ideal candidate will be passionate, driven and capable of leading a project, always willing to learn and strive for upskilling.
Reporting to the HSE Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Lead the implementation of a professional, competent and knowledge sharing culture across projects ensuring that health, safety and environment is planned, implemented and shared effectively.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and assist the HSE Manager in the consistent roll out of company strategy and expectations.
- Chairing H&S Weekly site meetings
- Carry out high quality safety inspections of workplaces at a frequency and with the intrusiveness as coached by the HSE Manager.
- Coach staff at all levels in Health and Safety expectations and standards
- Deliver appropriate HSE training.
- Contribute to monthly risk reviews.
- Alert HSE Manager if there are signs of deterioration or lack of ownership to delivering expected company and/or client safety requirements.
- Assist the HSE Manager with tender and prequalification submissions where requested advising on Health and Safety concerns as well as helping provide practical solutions.
- Foster innovative ideas for enhanced safety performance.
- Have and share knowledge and advice with teams on environmental principals and management
- Degree qualification in Environmental, Health and Safety
- 5+ years post grad experience in the construction industry
- Previous pharmaceutical project experience is essential for this role
- Full clean drivers licence
Excellent package and career progression for the right candidate.
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities please contact Eoinon 0870505417 or via e-mail to email@example.com
Please e-mail your CV with the Vacancy reference number EC – 21789 in the title of the mail.
All applications are dealt within the strictest confidence and your CV will not be released without your prior approval.