Senior Structural Engineer – Galway
- Honours degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent,
- Minimum of 6 years post graduate experience
- Chartered Status with Engineers Ireland or equivalent
- A sound understanding of engineering principles and a strong technical focus, ability to apply engineering principles and codes of practice to solve technical problems
- Excellent conceptual design abilities to provide robust and economical solutions.
- IT skills including; Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project AutoCAD Structural design software such as CADS, SCIA, Fastrack, STRAP, TEDDS, etc.
- Leadership skills to plan, manage and direct human, material and financial resources required to solve complex problems in multi-disciplinary teams
- High level of commercial understanding
- Understanding of the Irish regulatory and policy issues
- Implement full Project Delivery Process including GCC Contracts
- A successful track record working closely in partnership with clients and contractors and other members of design teams.
- Commitment to CPD and competence
- As a senior engineer you will be responsible for the technical, managerial and commercial aspects of your project Your work will be carried out in accordance with the company ISO procedures.
- Effective delivery of projects to include preparation of all contract documentation, project costing, budgeting, programming, attend / chair site meetings, manage contractual issues, site monitoring to ensure compliance / site supervision, contribute to the handover and take over of completed projects
- Prepare risk assessments, health & safety plans
- Check concept and technical correctness of work prepared by staff reporting to you.
- Effective communication skills to facilitate written and verbal interaction with colleagues, team members, contractors and Clients
- Preparation of fee proposals and submissions for approval
- Attend interviews and give presentations.
- Develop new Client relationships and manage established Client relationship
- Develop the skills of staff that report to you through mentoring, delegation and training.
- Attend Project Managers Meetings
*Full job description available on request
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Lisa : 056 7786631 / 083 3739075
All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence and your CV will never be released without your prior approval.
Job Ref Number: DL – 19024