Structural Design Engineer (Steel) – Co. Tipperary
Unique opportunity for a structural engineer to join one of Irelands leading structural steel fabrication. This innovative business has their design office & fabrication facility based in Co. Tipperary.
The successful engineer will have the following:
- Chartered structural engineer
- 7 to 10 years structural experience, with structural steel design knowledge
- Good commercial business acumen
- Experience with 3D modelling software
Responsibilities of the role will include:
- Provide structural design for build & design projects. (Typically structural steel portal frames)
- Provide calculations for steelwork to steelwork and steelwork to concrete connection designs.
- Value engineer designs received from main contractors or project engineers by reducing steel tonnes, simplify fabrication and installation.
- Pre-Sales Technical role with sales function where required in order to discuss all technical/design aspects of contracts in order that the inclusions and exclusions on the Bills of Quantities and Take-Offs are clarified technically.
- Provide temporary works design.
- Provide technical support to Contracts management and steel detailing teams.
- Technical and Quality advisor to all Functions i.e. Sales, Drawing Office, Production, Contract Management, Estimating, Offsite steel construction department
- Introduce typical connections details for the drawing office.
- Responsible for technical issues raised by the project engineers, clients, Assigned Certifier.
- Provide BCAR certification when required. Develop system for detailers and contracts management teams to standardise project handover, BCAR submissions.
- Develop suitable structural solutions for problems raised by site managers.
- Attending the site meetings where there is a discussion on a technical issue.
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Eoin on: 056 7786631 / 087 0505417.