Technical Business Developer – Carlow /Kilkenny
Optimize are recruiting for a technical sales representative to market and sell laboratory services nationally.
The successful applicant will report directly to the managing director and work closely with the managing director and laboratory manager. The successful candidate must be willing to work out of hours and to attend trade shows at weekends.
- Contacting and maintaining a relationship with our existing client base.
- Visit customers throughout the country.
- Attending trade shows and conferences.
- Manage social media.
- Manage all aspects of the sales process from developing leads, technical presentations, tender proposals through to final sales negotiations.
- Build relationships with key industry professionals including agricultural and environmental consultants, engage with representative organisations and commercial managers.
- Be familiar with all relevant agricultural and environmental legislation and the requirements of individual customers.
- Ensure that the requirements of existing customers are being met and develop new business opportunities.
- To provide top class customer service and technical support to a varied customer base.
- Maintain customer databases & compile customer reports.
- Planning sales activity ensuring maximum results is achieved with efficient time management.
- Responsible for organising own appointments.
- Behave in a professional and positive manner and be well presented.
- Must have a successful record with scientific sales.
- Proven track record when it comes to sales, account management and business development.
- Strong verbal, written and PowerPoint communication skills.
- Minimum of 3+ years of scientific sales experience
- Must have a full clean driver’s license.
- Have a strong scientific background and technical knowledge. Knowledge of the agricultural and environmental sectors would be a distinct advantage.
- Have a positive, professional and friendly demeanor.
- Have excellent communication skills, including telephone, written and power point presentations.
For additional information and a confidential discussion on this and similar opportunities contact Brian on 056 7786631/086 820 2188 or via e-mail through the link provided.
Please e-mail your CV with the Vacancy Reference Number: BW – 19038 in the title of the mail.
All application dealt within the strictest confidence and your CV will not be released without your prior approval.