Optimize Recruitment are partnering with a leading manufacturer to recruit a Warehouse Supervisor on a permanent basis due to company growth. This individual will join the packaging side of the business and will have 5 direct reports.
Competitive salary on offer for the right candidate.
- Identify, develop, and implement plans for efficient management of Warehouse Department processes, waste reduction and operational improvements, using quality tools and structured problem-solving techniques and monitor accuracy of performance for control of raw material and finished goods material transactions.
- Communicate daily with the Production Process Managers, Planning, Customer Service, and other relevant personnel on the current and upcoming schedule requirements to ensure shipping targets are met.
- Respond and manage any problems which arise which may interfere with production/shipping schedules and liaise with relevant personnel to resolve.
- Cycle count management of manufacturing inputs/outputs i.e. W (Production Floor) & PS inaccuracy nos. to be highlighted and reported to mgrs. responsible for area. Warehouse racking, complete physical inventories on a continuous count cycle.
- Monitor scheduling of orders to ensure output meets scheduled ship dates and communicate unexpected delays to Customer Services. Highlight any issues as they happen (not end of day) to ensure effective expediting.
- Carry out monthly rack inspections and provide feedback to Team and report to H&S Manager any issues.
- Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to at all times, including wearing PPE as appropriate. Acquire knowledge of Health & Safety procedures, work instructions, and associated documentation. Comply with all H&S Policies and instructions and actively contribute to Company efforts to promote safe behaviour and safe systems of work.
- Assist in the resolution of issues raised through Quality Notifications, Internal or External Audits, and Customer Complaints.
- Coordination of shipping schedule for both incoming to both internal & external locations and outgoing.
- Acquire knowledge of procedures, work instructions, and associated forms. Run Mfg. Pro (SAP in future) transactions for reports & interrogating analysis.
- Basic understanding of relevant SOP’s and QP’s.
- Satisfactory secondary level education
- Five years shipping/receiving, quality and safety knowledge and experience
- Decision making ability coupled with the ability to work on own initiative and with minimum supervision required.
- Good Computer Skills required.
- Sound problem solving skills
- Forklift, Counterbalance and Reach license required
For more information and to discuss similar opportunities, please contact Lee in the strictest of confidence on 0858072559 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note your CV will never be released without your expressed permission.
JOB REF: LD-22366